Our aim is for our volunteer services to benefit the health and well-being of as many people as possible across our community in Colne Valley. We want to involve volunteers to supplement and enhance the work of paid members of staff and to create the holistic, person-centred service provision we are aspiring to.
A volunteer is defined as someone who, unpaid and of their own free will, contribute their time, energy and skills to the benefit of others – Is this you?
We are committed to offering safe, enjoyable and rewarding volunteering experiences, which are supervised and resourced appropriately. Where possible, we will tailor the role to meet the needs of the volunteer.
Volunteers support the service to:
- Offer more one-to-one contact for User Members than would be possible with paid staff alone
- Enhance the regulated service provision (if any) we are providing
- Provide services of a preventative nature, which would otherwise not be provided
- Enable more people to engage within their own communities
- Give individuals more choice about how they spend their time
- Reduce social isolation and increase independence and well-being.
What is on offer
- Opportunity to have a positive impact whilst giving something back to the community
- Opportunity to work in a structured way to benefit others
- Opportunity to do something worthwhile, make friends and have fun
- Opportunity to use your existing skills, interest and experience for the benefit of others
Our commitment to you
- Personal development including new skills, increased knowledge, experience and self-confidence
- Comprehensive induction and training programme and regular reviews.
- CV enhancement including an up-to-date reference where appropriate
- Supervision and support
- Reimbursement of volunteer expenses