Telephone Support Service
As we get older, we may find we spend more time on our own. This can sometimes feel lonely, boring or make us miss friends and family.
We offer a telephone friendship services so you can enjoy chatting with someone over the phone, from the comfort of your own home.
Whether you would like to speak to someone every week, or just want to talk when the need strikes, we’re here to help.
Our services are for people who would like to talk to someone. You do not need to be feeling lonely (though if you are, we’d like to help), and you don’t need to live on your own. Sometimes it is just nice to talk.
To get started, just tell us a bit about yourself and we’ll do the rest.
What is on offer
- Regular telephone friendship service. We will match you or a loved one with a friendly Staff or Volunteer Member for a daily/weekly/monthly chat
- Daily reassurance check-in. We will ring you or your loved one at an agreed time each day to check on your wellbeing
- Helpline service during working hours for you or your loved one to ring us for support
Our commitment to you
- We will always try to match you with your preferred member of the team
- We will only use your email address and telephone number to contact you about your call.
- Your befriender will have provided references and completed a DBS (The DBS enables us to make safer recruitment decisions by identifying candidates who may be unsuitable for certain work, especially involving children or vulnerable adults, and provides wider access to criminal record information) check before they will be matched up with you.