We believe that people who need care deserve the best quality care and support that enables them to lead fulfilling and independent lives.
We will work to ensure that:
- The people we care for (our ‘User Members*’) are treated as valued individuals and provided with the best quality care possible
- The people we care for and their families are involved in making decisions about their care
- As a co-operative organisation, all our members have a real stake and a real say in how the service is run
- The people we care for remain active members of the community
- Our staff team are highly trained, motivated and that their conditions of employment are significantly better than those generally offered in this sector
- As well as rewarding, valuing and supporting staff members with favourable working terms and conditions, our co-operative structure and small team model offers opportunities for career progression, and to contribute to decision making.
*User Members: we refer to the people we work directly with and support as ‘User Members’, to reflect our co-operative structure. You will see this term on this page and elsewhere on this website.
How we assess how best we work with you / a User Member
Once a potential User Member meets with us and chooses to engage our services, we carry out an extensive assessment of needs, risk assessments, explore likes and dislikes, relevant history, and what the User Member really wants to gain from the service.
An individually tailored and flexible care plan centred around the desired outcome for the User Member is developed, agreed, and implemented.
The service is reviewed with the User Member whenever changes are required and at least every six months.
Consultation with User Members about the service provided takes place in the following ways.
At an individual level User Members can comment through involvement in their personal care planning, meetings, and the review process. They can also comment to Staff Members, families/friends, and other professionals at any time regarding the service being delivered.
We ask our User Members for honest feedback periodically – we will conduct a survey of our service and publish the outcome, benchmarking ourselves with other services to ensure forward thinking, learning and best practice and ways of working on improving our provision.
Our board guarantees a place for at least one User Member, elected in accordance with the organisation’s rules. It is anticipated that this person will broadly represent the interests and views of User Members.