Medication Support Service
If you or your loved one are taking medication – particularly a few different sorts – it can be challenging to manage.
Many people find it difficult to manage medication. We can offer you or your loved one assistance to ensure the right medicine is taken at the right time. We can prompt, remind, or give full support by administering medication as needed and be there for extra support.
What is on offer
- Verbal prompts where the support worker will remind you each visit to take your medication.
- Help to apply creams and/or eye drops etc. only
- Full medication control where staff will administer all your medication to you and take away all the stress of remembering to take it on time, before or after food, or at a specific time.
- Medication support visit only – You do not need to be in receipt of care services to access this support.
- Your care can be co-ordinated to make sure it matches up with the medication administration times.
Our commitment to you
- We will always try to match you with your preferred member of the team
- We will only use your email address and telephone number to contact you about your call.
- Your Staff Members will have completed a robust recruitment and selection process, provided references and completed a DBS (The DBS enables us to make safer recruitment decisions by identifying candidates who may be unsuitable for certain work, especially involving children or vulnerable adults, and provides wider access to criminal record information) check before they will be matched up with you.
- Your Staff Members will have received training in Medication management and been signed off as competent by a Manager before they will be able to support you with your medication
- All medication that is to be administered will be done so following the directions from the doctor and in line with CCCV policies and procedures.