About the Service
Our shopping service helps support clients to maintain as much independence as possible whist still having the freedom and choice to choose when, where and how they do their shopping. We have a number of shopping options available, which range from a fully supported shopping service to one-off assistance with online purchases.
We can offer a regular service with pre agreed days and times or if you prefer you can give one of our team a call to see when we can fit you in. Depending on the level of support required we may need to arrange to visit you at home to ask some questions about your shopping habits and preferences. Once we have a good idea of the level of service you require, we will help you design a personalised shopping plan tailored to meet your needs.
All our services can be adapted to suit individual needs so do not worry if what is on offer does not quite work for you, we can always have a chat about what does.
What is on offer
- If you are unable to do your own shopping or just prefer someone else to do it for you then a member of our team can help, either locally or at your favourite supermarket. We will collect your shopping list, loyalty card and cash before we set off and on return, we will help unpack your purchases and provide you with a receipt for your records.
- If to prefer to get out and about and do your own shopping but would like some assistance with transport or just someone to carry the bags, why not opt for a supported shopping trip. Whether its food shopping, choosing a new pair of shoes or buying a gift for a loved one, one of our team will be happy to come along and help where needed.
- We also offer a shopping plus service for people who may need additional assistance with things such as food rotation, keeping food cupboards and refrigerators clean and disposing of out of date food. Alternatively, if you need assistance to split and portion food for freezing, decanting or refilling, we can do that too. If you have specific dietary needs, or just need help with menu planning and/or healthy eating choices we can build this into your personalised shopping plan.
- To help make our shopping services more affordable we offer a shared shop. If you have a local friend or neighbour who would like to share the service with you and split the cost, then why not let us know. Alternatively, if you and another one of our customers opt for the same supermarket on the same day, we will let you know and you will only be charged for your share of the time taken.
- If you would like to give online shopping a go, we can help with that too. We can either do it on your behalf or we can visit you at home and help you to browse the latest online bargains. Depending on the request we may be able to help with collections and deliveries.
Our commitment to you
- Your Staff Members will have completed a robust recruitment and selection process, provided references and completed a DBS check (The DBS enables us to make safer recruitment decisions by identifying candidates who may be unsuitable for certain work, especially involving children or vulnerable adults, and provides wider access to criminal record information) before they will be matched up with you.
- Your Staff Members will have received comprehensive training including Moving and Handing people and will be signed off as competent by a Manager before they will be able to support you with your requirements.
- Our support staff will not be given any access to your personal banking details.
- For supported shopping trips we will aim to match you with your preferred member of our team
- We will always strive to support local businesses and wherever possible we will support you to do the same.