Thanks for deciding to take this further and make a pledge to invest.
This pledge allows us as a Board to take a responsible decision in the current uncertain climate to ascertain whether there is strong enough interest in the community to launch our share offer.
Although your pledge is not legally binding, we would ask you to consider carefully before pledging as we will be making decisions on the basis of the number of pledges received.
When we formally launch the share offer you will receive a copy of the business plan, more detailed financial projections and an application form you will need to complete in order to purchase shares. We anticipate announcing the date of the launch within the next few weeks.
Please note: your pledge is not actually purchasing shares, just an intention to do so.
A bit more info…
- The minimum amount you can invest is £50, the maximum is £15,000
- As an investor you will become a member of the co-op with voting and all the other rights of membership. Every member has one vote irrespective of the amount of shares held. You can read our society rules here.
- Companies and community organisations can invest on the same terms as individuals
- Our financial projections indicate that once the co-op has commenced trading, we will be able pay interest on your investment at 2.5% from 2023 onwards.
- Similarly, you will be able to withdraw your investment after five years, however our current projections indicate this option will become available after just three years of trading.
- The Board reserves the right to alter payment of interest and withdrawal in the light of trading conditions to ensure investments are protected and our community business remains viable and delivering a quality service to the community.
- All investor members will have representation on the Board alongside other key stake-holder groups involved in receiving and delivering care.
Finally, needless to say perhaps at a time like this when so many businesses are failing, it’s always worth remembering that any investment that you do make is at risk.
If you have any questions about the share offer, please contact the Treasurer, Jan Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org.